DS Installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddyds
Participant

DS Installation

Post by reddyds »

Hi

I have already installed DataStage 7.5 installed in one partition and now iam trying to install DS 7.5.1A in a different partition with admin user as dsadma and assigned that to a UNIX Group called dstage but this installation is trying to upgrade my old version but not as a new copy can u help me out in this regard

Srikanth Reddy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search and RTFM are your friends, here. You need to do an -itag installation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

At the moment the experts-exchange would be direct competition to this site, as it provides a similar service. The major difference is that this site is not a pay site.

I must admit that the experts-exchange has a very good insertion rate into the search engines, many times when I search for keywords in a technical problem the first couple of hits are to this site - I hate it when I get to see the question and am told that I have to pay for it, especially when there are hundreds of other locations that provide the same answer for free.

How does the payment method there work?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Methinks Arnd doth replyeth to the wrong post.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Craig,

yeah, that fool certainly made a big misteak :roll: