Datastage version 8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bilwakunj
Participant

Datastage version 8

Post by Bilwakunj »

Hello,
On the ascential site, when I was going through the future release, I came across Datastage version 8 information. I'm wondering is it PX version or Server ? If Server, I was under the impression that they are going to take out server from the market eventually. Then why the new version of Server?
Thank you!!
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well first IBM/Ascential has not determined officially that "Hawk" will become version 8.0.....

Second:

1) The Hawk version of DataStage will support EE (Parallel) and Server versions.

2) New customers will be provided EE and Server will not be presented stand-alone.....It's supported for current customers....

3) IBM/Ascential will provide Server to current customers but new enhancements and functionality will be put into EE and not Server so the future of Server is static....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server edition will, however, use the new Repository in Hawk and beyond, and will therefore carry the overheads of translation to and from data types for storage. On the other hand, the intermediate services layer may speed things up. There may be some small enhancements to Server edition, particularly while job sequences remain a special case of server jobs, which will be true for some time yet.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Bilwakunj
Participant

Post by Bilwakunj »

Thank you ray.wurlod and trokosz .