Oracle Load - Process ID failure when run from script.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thebird
Participant

Oracle Load - Process ID failure when run from script.

Post by thebird »

Hi,

I am trying to Load an Oracle table, through the director when run the job finishes successfully and the table is loaded, but wiht the same settings, I try to run it from the script, the job aborts giving a fatal error -

Code: Select all

Job control process (pid 17149) has failed
In the Oracle Enterprise Stage -

The Index Mode has been set to Rebuild, with ADD COMPUTE STATISTICS clause and ADD NOLOGGING clause set to FALSE. The environment variable $APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS has been set to $UNSET.

1) I am not sure what ADD COMPUTE STATISTICS clause and ADD NOLOGGING clause is for, so can someone explain what these options does?

2) When I set the $APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS to $PROJDEF (which is DIRECT=TRUE, PARALLEL=TRUE, SKIP INDEX MAINTENANCE = YES) the job aborts giving the following warnings and Fatal errors -
SalesTransactionInsDbTgt,0: Expecting keyword LOAD, found "DIRECT".
SalesTransactionInsDbTgt,0: DIRECT=TRUE, PARALLEL=FALSE, SKIP_INDEX_MAINTENANCE=YES
SalesTransactionInsDbTgt,0: ^
SalesTransactionInsDbTgt,0: The call to sqlldr failed; the return code = 256;
please see the loader logfile: /opt/etl/scratch/ora.17082.724169.0.log for details.
SalesTransactionInsDbTgt,0: SQL*Loader: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Fri Dec 16 11:50:41 2005
Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
SQL*Loader-350: Syntax error at line 1.
Expecting keyword LOAD, found "DIRECT".
DIRECT=TRUE, PARALLEL=FALSE, SKIP_INDEX_MAINTENANCE=YES
^
Log file contents:

I am not sure what's happening here. How should I be running my job from the script- with $APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS set to $UNSET?

3) Why is there a problem when running from the commandline with $UNSET and no problems when run directly from the Director?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

The Bird.
thebird
Participant

When does a Process ID failure occur?

Post by thebird »

Hi All,

As mentioned in previous post, my jobs are failing with a
Job control process (pid 27395) has failed
error.

Can someone please explain why and when this usually occurs?

I am still trying to find why the Load job aborts with this error when run from the script, and runs perfectly fine when run directly from the Director (with $APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS=$UNSET, for both the cases).

Thanks and Regards,

The Bird.