Error with ExecSH (DB21015E)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Camaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error with ExecSH (DB21015E)

Post by Camaj »

Bonjour,

I create a job that write data to a temporary DB2 table. For the performance reason, I create the table without index.

To create the INDEX and make a RUNSTATS I tried to run an After Job with ExecSH but this is not working because I got the following DB2 error.

*** Output from command was: ***
DB21015E The Command Line Processor backend process request queue or input queue was not created within the timeout period.

Is somebody can help me.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably your system is overloaded. DB2 needed to start a process but failed to do so within some timeout limit. Try again when the system is not so busy.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Camaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Camaj »

Thank Ray, but the proplem is not related to the system resource.

My script can run normally outside DataStage. My problem is probablement related with the db2bp but I can't not found where it is.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

If a script works fine from the command line of a user and not from a job, then the only variable is the environment. The script runs under the environment of the DS Engine, so troubleshoot problems there.

In your situation, it sounds like this is not the issue, but one of opportunistic timing. You're running the script by hand probably means that the jobstream is not running, versus the script running in the midst of processing. Sounds like instantaneous server load related issues, as Ray has suggested.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Camaj,

does that mean that this problem occurs every time you issue the command? Does it happen when you manually execute it from a user session?
hsbc_ds_dev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsbc_ds_dev »

Hi,

Even I'm getting the same error while trying to execute (ExecSH) a script from Before-job subroutine.

Waring msg:
djp_CDE_INTERFACE_MI..BeforeJob (ExecSH): Error when executing command: sh /data/ds/dpr_smi_dev/scripts/truncate.sh usr_val xyz abc bkh cde_interface_mi /data/ds/dpr_smi_dev/scripts
*** Output from command was: ***
DB21015E The Command Line Processor backend process request queue or input queue was not created within the timeout period.

The same script takes just couple of seconds to execute from the Unix prompt.

Please help! Thanks.