Oracle enterprise Insert only

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

babbu9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle enterprise Insert only

Post by babbu9 »

Hi
I am working with Oracle enterprise state and would like to do a custom insert sql.

Under the current options we can only do a insert in the upsert mode but we need to do include custom update statement also. I was wondering if I had to do a custom sql insert statements only, how will I do it.

Please inform

Thanks.
ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

If I remember right (No access to PX now :cry: ), select the "User-defined Update Only." mode and write an insert statement instead.

It works.
Amey Vaidya<i>
I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.</i>
<i>- Douglas Adams</i>
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

That's right. You set it up for a generated upsert and that gives you a generate insert and update statement. You copy your insert statement into the clipboard. You switch it to user-defined update and then paste the insert statement into the entry screen and modify it to suit.
sri1dhar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by sri1dhar »

vmcburney wrote:That's right. You set it up for a generated upsert and that gives you a generate insert and update statement. You copy your insert statement into the clipboard. You switch it to user-defined update and then paste the insert statement into the entry screen and modify it to suit.
This works if there are no rejects. But the job aborts if there are rejects while inserting.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have a rejects-handling output link from the Oracle Enterprise stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sri1dhar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by sri1dhar »

ray.wurlod wrote:Do you have a rejects-handling output link from the Oracle Enterprise stage?
Yes, to a peek stage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What do you see in the Peek entries in the job log?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.