ImplicitConversion:from Int64 to Int16-Without MessageHandle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

koti9
Participant

ImplicitConversion:from Int64 to Int16-Without MessageHandle

Post by koti9 »

Hi All,

When we run our jobs, we are getting a warning like implicit conversion was done.And we were not supposed to have this as a warning at the sametime we don't want to use Message Handler. And we want to handle more conversions like this. Please let me know if you already handled anything like this.

Thanks in advance
Koteswara Rao Daliparthi
ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

When DataStage EE finds that a target columns metadata does not match the source's <B>and</b> no explicit conversion has been made but an automatic conversion is possible( like converting from int16 to int32), it does the conversion and warns(informs?) the operator that DataStage had to do an operation that was not explicitly specified in the Job design.

The resolution for this is to do all conversions explicitly in modify( or if inevitable or already present, transformer) stages.. or use message handlers to filter the warning.

IHTH
Amey Vaidya<i>
I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.</i>
<i>- Douglas Adams</i>
adarsh shrinagesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by adarsh shrinagesh »

ameyvaidya wrote:When DataStage EE finds that a target columns metadata does not match the source's <B>and</b> no explicit conversion has been made but an automatic conversion is possible( like converting from int16 to int32), it does the conversion and warns(informs?) the operator that DataStage had to do an operation that was not explicitly specified in the Job design.

The resolution for this is to do all conversions explicitly in modify( or if inevitable or already present, transformer) stages.. or use message handlers to filter the warning.

IHTH
Regarding the use of a message handler - while moving a specific Category or Job < and not the entire prj > to pre-prod, prod etc would the message handle also be exported automatically or is there some option that we would need to toggle on for the same?