DS Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

medakiran
Participant

DS Warning

Post by medakiran »

Hi Guys,

Can anyone throw some light on to why am i getting such type of a warning message, the first message is : "LcWarehouse3Loans.SqWare3Arm: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "TRADE_DESK_AUTH_PRICE_PCT": "null_field" length (0) must match field's fixed width (11)" and the next one i get is: "LcWarehouse3Loans.SqWare3Arm: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "TRADE_DESK_AUTH_PRICE_PCT": Exporting a fixed length field with a "null_field" of length 0 will prohibit a re-import of this field"

I'm actually using a schema file, to define the table definitions at the target.

Thanks
kir.
jenkinsrob
Participant

Post by jenkinsrob »

What is your target?

Database, Dataset, Sequential File...??

What is the datatype of the TRADE_DESK_AUTH_PRICE_PCT field?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the messages carefully - they tell you precisely what the problem is. You've set the null value property to "" (length zero), which is its default value, but you've specified the data type as string[11] so that DataStage is demanding that your null value be an eleven character string. The other message is downstream of this, and will go away if you correct the first one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
medakiran
Participant

Post by medakiran »

ray.wurlod wrote:Read the messages carefully - they tell you precisely what the problem is. You've set the null value property to "" (length zero), which is its default value, but you've specified the data type as string[11] so that DataStage is demanding that your null value be an eleven character string. The other message is downstream of this, and will go away if you correct the first one.
Hi ray,

Here's how i have the field described in my schema file, the target here is an sequential file,
"TRADE_DESK_AUTH_PRICE_PCT:nullable decimal[9,6] {quote=none, null_field=''};"
This is how i have the other fileds defined too. Any thoughts on what should be done!!!!
Thanks
kir
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Somewhere (in a Sequential File table definition) you have specified that this value occurs in a fixed-width of 11 characters. I assumed - wrongly - that its data type was therefore string[11]. Nonetheless, what it's looking for is a representation of NULL that is 11 characters long, for example '###########' (this uses the default pad character).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.