Fatal Error: Tsort merger aborting: stat() of sorted run fil

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhavan VM
Participant

Fatal Error: Tsort merger aborting: stat() of sorted run fil

Post by Madhavan VM »

hi,

The job has two udb DB2 tables and they are inner joined using a join stage. The input links to the join are hashed and sorted on the join key. This job was running without any issues for the past one month. But now I got the following error:

JoinGst.LkRefDb2udbGst_Sort,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
JoinGst.LkRefDb2udbGst_Sort,0: Input 0 consumed 0 records.
JoinGst.LkRefDb2udbGst_Sort,0: Output 0 produced 0 records.
JoinGst.LkRefDb2udbGst_Sort,0: Fatal Error: Tsort merger aborting: stat() of sorted run file failed
JoinGst.LkRefDb2udbGst_Sort,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
JoinGst.LkRefDb2udbGst_Sort,0: Input 0 consumed 5146321 records.
JoinGst.LkRefDb2udbGst_Sort,0: Output 0 produced 0 records.
JoinGst.LkRefDb2udbGst_Sort,0: Fatal Error: Pipe read failed: short read
node_prod01_node1: Player 2 terminated unexpectedly.

I am using a 16 node configuration file.

what could be the possible reason for the error "Fatal Error: Tsort merger aborting: stat() of sorted run file failed"?
Is this because the operator could read data using the DB2 UDB stage but could not write the sorted data on to a temporary file or a scratch disk on unix.
Is the Short Read error due to the cascading effect or is it an independent error which caused the player 2 to terminate abnormally?

I re ran the job but it failed with the following error:

main_program: File archive: Trouble creating file "/datastage/tmp/APTcs2523218f7dea56d"
main_program: Fatal Error: Null archive.

When I am trying to view data from the tables it shows the Null Archive error. This Null Archive error is shown on almost all the tables.

I presume it might be an environment issue.
Kindly provide proper insights.
warm regards,
Ajith GK
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Madhavan,

Pls check whether the scratch disk mentioned in your configuration file has enough space.

If possible increase the scratch disk space, run the job and report what happens.

--Rich