Oracle Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandalea
Participant

Oracle Enterprise Stage

Post by mandalea »

I am facing one problem in PX. I am not able to select the ORACLE ENTERPRISE STAGE in my palette in designer as it is disabled. Till y'day we were able to work with Oracle Enterprise stage. But now it is disabled in 'Database' in the palette.

Can you pls tell us how to resolve this ?

Thanks

Regards
Anand
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

Things like this don't "just happen" - something has been changed, probably on the PC. Let us know what was changed, and we may be able to offer more targeted advice. For example, was a new service pack applied? What exactly is the operating system on the client?

Can you select the stage from the Stage Types branch of the repository?
That will suffice as a workaround.

It only takes a minute or two to re-install the client - that may indeed be the fastest solution, even though it does not address the cause (and therefore does not guarantee that the same problem won't recur).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mandalea
Participant

Post by mandalea »

Thanks fro you feedback.
Unfortunately the problem is still there despite re-installing the DataStage Client. I could not able to select anything from the Stage Types branch of the repository. Another important point is that I could able to view/select only DB2 stage. All other stages are disabled.
But the surprising things is I could view and select the Oracle stage in Server Jobs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And you're certain that you're working in a Parallel job? The behaviour you describe would occur if you were working in a Server job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mandalea
Participant

Post by mandalea »

Yes.. Prior to this problem we have created many parallel jobs in the same project.
Anyway we have created another project and exported all the existing jobs into the new project.
Thanks for response.

Regards
Anand