DS 7.5 EE Solaris to DS 7.5 EE windows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srekant
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS 7.5 EE Solaris to DS 7.5 EE windows

Post by srekant »

Hi,

We are devloping jobs in DS EE 7.5 solaris.If i have to export all the jobs and test in windows 2000 server what are the things i have to look into.

what r the disadvantages of developing jobs in solaris version of DS EE 7.5 and run them on windows 2000 version of DSEE
Sree
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The main one is that you won't get support. There is no version of DS 7.5 EE that is supported on / certified for Windows 2000. The only 7.5 EE release is 7.5x2, and it's only certified for Windows 2003.

Other than that, it may work, it may not. There's only one way to find out.

Clearly some aspects of your job designs will need to be made portable between operating systems. Beware particularly of pathnames and of calls to operating system functions (ExecSH versus ExecDOS immediately, but also DSExecute with either "UNIX" or "DOS" as the first argument).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Database stages can also be a pain. Sometimes the enterprise DB2 and Oracle stages do not get installed on the Windows server, or the databases cannot be accessed from a Windows server.