Deadlock while inserting using OCI Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srivvds
Participant

Deadlock while inserting using OCI Stage

Post by srivvds »

Hi,

I am trying to load data into table which has 205 fields. When I am trying to do so, job gets aborted after loading few records and giving following error message.

sqlcode is: -600esql complaint: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [sorput_1], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource.

Can any one please let me know whether this issue is related to DataStage or not? If so what steps do I take to resolve this issue.

Thank You,
RSSV
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

srivvds,

the "deadlock" error message is coming from the database, not datastage. Two or more processes are waiting for some resource to be released that the other holds. You should speak with your DBA, who can examine the locks and determine which process might be holding a lock that it shouldn't have. This can occur when there is a defunct process (for instance a previously aborted load job) that isn't getting terminated but that is holding record or table locks.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
I've seen cases when a partitioning prior to a modify stage the using same/auto before lookup caused such behaviour.
Is that your case?
IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
srivvds
Participant

Post by srivvds »

Hi All,

After discussing with my DBA that there are no locks on my table and also no one is inserting or updating my table simultaneously.............. Now I am able to load data into table without any deadlock problem by changing execution mode as sequential instead of parallel. Is it right way of coding in Parallel job to avoid deadlock issue.? If not please suggest the relevant solution for this issue.

Thank You,
RSSV.