Teradata Multiload PX Stage (TDMLoadPX Stage)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Teradata Multiload PX Stage (TDMLoadPX Stage)

Post by gsherry1 »

Hello Forum,

I am trying to get the Teradata multiload stage working in a parallel job in a new environment. I have already successfully input and output using the Teradata Enterprise stage in this environment.

I am receiving the following error using the Mutliload:
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: Unable to start MultiLoad process mload: system returns errno=2: The system cannot find the file specified.
This is the only half meaningful error message generated. Any idea what file it is having difficulty finding?

Thanks,

Greg
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
There is an APT variable to disable operator cimbining, this will give you the actual stage causing the error rather the combined operator.

The error implies the file you specified was not found by the load application or perhaps for some reason it didn't have permitions to read it (for some reason)
So verify it by trying to run the same command from OS command line and also go over the environment variables in hte start of the director log of the job run to see if it might be related to the reason you fail to load.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The most likely candidates would be the control and data files for the multiload operation.

Are your Teradata environment variables set up correctly? Since you have used the Teradata Enterprise stage, the answer is probably yes, but it's worth checking.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

More Info:

1. TDML stage is not working even in server jobs imported from another environment. I receive the same error on server jobs.
2. Setting Combinability to 'Don't Combine' let me see that the parsing of the sequential file was working correctly and that it was the TDML stage not working. The error messages under this setup become:
Teradata_Multiload_8,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
Teradata_Multiload_8,0: Input 0 consumed 0 records.
Teradata_Multiload_8,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: Unable to start MultiLoad process mload: system returns errno=2: The system cannot find the file specified.
SrcTestUpdatesSeq,0: Internal Error: (shbuf): iomgr\iomgr.C: 1729
node_node2: Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
node_node1: Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
3. Using the server job, I ran with tracing on and received the following messages:
MultiLoadTest..Copy_of_Teradata_Multiload_0: Starting process mload < H:\DEV_DW00QL\Control.ctl > H:\DEV_DW00QL\Report.rpt
MultiLoadTest..Copy_of_Teradata_Multiload_0: Unable to start MultiLoad process mload: system returns errno=2: The system cannot find the file specified.
4. The control file in both Parallel and Server jobs is being written, and the report file is created (empty). Also, when I log into DS environment and run 'mload', it does not find it. I'm guess that this should be installed with the DBMS package and not the Teradata utilities package that comes with DataStage?
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

It turned out, Teradata Utility loader package was not installed. It is now working.

Thanks for you help,

Greg