Promotion not happening

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Promotion not happening

Post by cfuller »

Hi all

I have an issue that has manifested itself in the last 24 hours, and was hoping someone may have some insight into where I can go next in tryin to resolve this issue.

We are utilising Version Control for all our promotion processes, and up until yesterday all has been going along well. Our promotion hierarchy is as follows -

(Development)
(Integration)
(System Testing)

After making some code changes, I 'Initiaized' my job into VC, all OK. I then went to promote to Integration. I got all the messages advising that the item had been saved, and the process seemed to finish OK, but no compiling message can up. When I checked the target project the file never arrived.

Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour, or have any ideas of where I can start looking?
Regards
Chris Fuller

"Reality is what refuses to go away when you stop believing in it"
cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cfuller »

Sorry...put this in the wrong forum...please move to Server.
Regards
Chris Fuller

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For grins, open the job that is inside the VERSION project and see if it is the same job you initialized. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cfuller »

When this started happening yesterday, next thing I tried was to put a brand new job into the project, which 'initiaized' fine...just couldn't promote it. :?
Regards
Chris Fuller

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just wanted to check as there is a "classic" bug where the job retains the proper initialization name but the contents could be a completely different job. If the parasite job is from another category, then it will promote to that other category and look like it didn't promote when you look in the "right" category in the other project.

Your problem sounds like a new one to me, don't recall it coming up before here. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cfuller »

BTW, have also logged this with IBM / Ascential support, who suggested that I restore the project directory.

The last backup was from Friday night, so we renamed the current directory, and restored from the backup. This seemed to make the 'problem' go away, but I have lost some work in the version control project from Friday evening, and over the weekend. :x

I will be able to recover this, but I still would like an answer to this issue...restoring and re-doing work is NOT a solution, but I do have to keep development and system testing moving.

Any thoughts, or ideas appreciated. :(
Regards
Chris Fuller