Creating custom routine on Windows Version

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Creating custom routine on Windows Version

Post by seanc217 »

I am trying to get a dll I created to work in DataStage. I have created the dll and even called it from a program in VB, everything works as expected. I then try to use the operator in a transformer and get the following message:

External Routine library hex.dll is invalid. If I try the object, I get the following:

##I TBLD 000000 09:21:49(008) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: V0S34_test_job_Transformer_34.tmp.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "char * __cdecl HexStr(__int64)" (?HexStr@@YAPAD_J@Z) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall APT_TransformOperatorImplV0S34_test_job_Transformer_34::processInputRecord(int)" (?processInputRecord@APT_TransformOperatorImplV0S34_test_job_Transformer_34@@MAEXH@Z)
C:\Ascential\DataStage\Projects\CommerceTestProj\RT_BP56.O\V0S34_test_job_Transformer_34.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

If anyone has an example of how to setup this dll or libabray in Windows it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need first to import the external function definition, using the Manager client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

unresolved external symbol "char *"
What arguments and return types have you configured within the parallel routine definition? - Do these match with the return types definied within the DLL?
seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by seanc217 »

I have been able to create and use a static library in Windows with no issues. I have not been able to use a shared library though.