Reading xml file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shivan
Participant

Reading xml file

Post by shivan »

Hi,
I am using xslt to divide the big xml file into 6 parts. But is there any way, i can use datastage to divide the xml into 6 parts and then get the data from there and load it in the tables.
thanks
shivan
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

DataStage flattens XML complex structures into relational records. If you are talking about dividing your XML file into six files with the same record structure then you are better off doing it outside of DataStage. If you are dividing it into six different record structures then you can do it in DataStage but you may need to do it in six different jobs as DataStage can only flatten on one key at a time.

Any way you can use xslt to convert the xml to delimited text files? DataStage can process them easily.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The approach you're already taking (using xlst) is almost certainly the most efficient for larger data volumes.

The DataStage XML stages have this terrible proclivity to run out of memory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.