Oracle enterprise error question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle enterprise error question

Post by PilotBaha »

I am getting the following error on the ORACLE stage when I am trying to view the data. Any idea what would this be?

thanks..

Code: Select all

<Oracle_Enterprise_0> Incorrect dboption list; it failed on Expected "," or "}", got: "#", line 1.
Earthbound misfit I..
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Baha,
It's complaining about user ID or password. Make sure the user id that is used to access the DB has been granted the access. Also, check the stage property's DB Options={userid,****}.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Hmmm.. but if the userid/pwd combination was not correct i wouldn't be able to import metadata.
Earthbound misfit I..
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Baha,
When you imported the metadata, you have provided correct user ID and password. But that does not mean you can view the data during the job design using the Oracle_Enterprise stage. That's why I said also check the Properties' DB Options ={userID,****} and DB Options Mode = Auto-generate. Sometime, even typing error on the password field.
jasper
Participant

Post by jasper »

It is saying got: "#", line 1 .
Probably you've mistyped the parametername , or deleted the parameter from the jobparameters.

Reason I think this: If you have a parameter DBUSER and you fill this in the stage you put #DBUSER#, if you there put #DB_USER# it won't be translated and you get an invalid character.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

I noticed the OSH created in the area where the problem. I am wondering if this is creating some issues. I am about to open a case with "them". See what they say..

Code: Select all

-dboptions '{user=c610829,password=[&__V0S0P2_password]}'
Earthbound misfit I..
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

To follow up myself (pathetic <g>), I am not having problem accessing this dbase from Server job that I created using ORACLE OCI.
Earthbound misfit I..
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

As a test go into an Oracle Enterprise stage and replace all job parameters with parameter values. I do this any time I have a connectivity problem, often I am using the wrong job parameter or have the wrong job parameter value or have entered the job parameter name incorrectly. By typing the values of the login name and password and connection details you get better debugging.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

I did that already.. Let's see what they will say, the case is open at this point..
Earthbound misfit I..
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

OK, Found the problem.. We have "#" in the password. it is company policy in here to have #, @, $ and any other type of special characters in the pwd field. OE stage doesn't like it; server couldn't care less.

The problem was reported to Ascent... errr IBM
Earthbound misfit I..
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Baha,
In my first response to your post, I already told you that it's complaining about either your userid or password. I also have had my password with "#" or "@" in it in the past; I don't have any problems to use Oracle_Enterprise stage. Unless your password starts with a "#" and that's different story because DataStage thinks that's a parameter.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Well, it turns out that you also need select_catalogue role in the database to be able to read it through PX. Now if I could only find the solution to the NUMBER types getting warnings during the run time.
Earthbound misfit I..