Using BAPI stage (SAP Pack)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thebird
Participant

Using BAPI stage (SAP Pack)

Post by thebird »

Hi,

I have flat files, from which the data has to be posted into SAP R/3. The data has to be posted as IDoc. I am using the Ascential SAP pack for this purpose.

I have to get a particular data (Accounting Period) from the R/3 system, before the posting. I would like to know if there is there a way to call a BAPI function, BAPI_COMPANYCODE_GET_PERIOD from DataStage using the BAPI Stage?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

TheBird.
jman
Participant

Post by jman »

You can access any BAPI from DataStage for which you have the priviledge as long as your system is configured to do so.
racsingh
Participant

Re: Using BAPI stage (SAP Pack)

Post by racsingh »

Hi,

It's too late to offer assistance, I am sure by now you must have got an answer to your problem. Anyways here's the solution:

1. Select Bapi stage. Connect Bapi stage with a Transforemer followed by a Sequential File. Bapi stage has no Input links in this case.

2. Select Bapi stage and Establish SAP connection.
3. Go to General Tab click on Bapi Explorer-> Select CompanyCode then choose GetPeriod.
4. Move on to the next tba-> BAPI.
5. If in the Import Page the required parmeters are not in green then right click and activate them.
6. On the Export Page under BAPI tab..activate the parameters. Right click and say activate.
7. Move on to the next tab: Read Logs. Here uncheck the Use Defaults box.
8. Specify the Input File path with file name in the Input file Box. Also specify the Log file path in the Location for Log files box.
Bapi will read your input files from this location.
9. Come to Transformer and drag all the Columns to the Outputl File.
10. Execute the job.

You will find your bapi has worked and the expected result is stored in the output file.

Cheers!!

Rachana Singh,
SAP-DataStage Consultant,
Capgemini India.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I have flat files, from which the data has to be posted into SAP R/3. The data has to be posted as IDoc. I am using the Ascential SAP pack for this purpose.

I have to get a particular data (Accounting Period) from the R/3 system, before the posting. I would like to know if there is there a way to call a BAPI function, BAPI_COMPANYCODE_GET_PERIOD from DataStage using the BAPI Stage?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

TheBird.[/quote]
sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Using BAPI stage (SAP Pack)

Post by sendmk »

Hi Rachana,

I am Srireddy working on BAPI Stage recently we were able to write data to SAP Using BAPI Stage we have designed BAPI Such a way that what ever records Inserted to SAP those records Key Column Values will be written to that RETURN OUTPUT File in the PATH we specify.
we plan to read that file and based on the Key column values Update an Oracle Table with some Status but in that file we are also getting a BAPISeqno actually can we read this file using DataStage can you help me on this.

Regards
Srireddy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Of course, with nearly a year gone by, Rachana may no longer be there. :oops:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

USING BAPI STAGE

Post by sendmk »

Hi Ray

Rachana might not be there but you are always there to Guide us as a Mentor.

Regards
Sendmk :D