Some licensing errors

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sathyanveshi
Participant

Some licensing errors

Post by sathyanveshi »

Hi,

There's a job with some BASIC coding in it. I tcontains ODBC.H. When it was run some 2-3 weeks ago, it ran fine. When it was run today, I received the following error:

"ServerAlertCode..JobControl (): Call to SQLExecDirect failed.
sqlstate=HY000, dbms.code=6091
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver]The DataDirect ODBC driver you are attempting to access has been provided to you by Ascential Software for exclusive use with Ascential Data Integration Suite. You are not licensed to use this driver with any application other than Ascential Data Integration Suite. If you would like to purchase a driver for some other use, please call 800-876-3101 or visit DataDirect at www.datadirect-technologies.com "

May I know what could be the precise reason for this? Should I need to escalate this to Ascential?

Cheers,
Mohan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's nothing to escalate. Everything is in the message that you posted.

The branded ODBC drivers provided with DataStage are meant to be used by DataStage jobs, period. While you can code up some BASIC routines using BCI routines and the like, it will only work for 30 days - an evaluation period. After that, this message appears and things stop working.

If you want to continue to do what you are doing, then you will need to do as it says and purchased a licensed copy of the drivers.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sathyanveshi
Participant

Post by sathyanveshi »

Thaks a lot for the information.

Cheers,
Mohan
Luciana
Participant

Post by Luciana »

In some of the DSN entries (eg: BRSPOWSQLA20_ISMBA) confirm if you are using to connect to SQL Server you will find a string like this

QEWSD=38568

Where the number can be different. This line is added to the DSN when you use the odbc drivers with non-datastage applications. I have seen few other cases when this problem was also caused by a missing [ODBC] entry or when it was not at the end of the file. Please try the following:

Delete those lines with QEWSD. Then move this entry:

[ODBC]
IANAAppCodePage=4
InstallDir=/dtstage/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc
Trace=0
TraceDll=/dtstage/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib/odbctrac.so
TraceFile=odbctrace.out
UseCursorLib=0

at the end of the file. Save the .odbc.ini and test again
sathyanveshi
Participant

Post by sathyanveshi »

I have resolved it.

But many thanks for your response.

Cheers,
Mohan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please advise HOW you resolved it.

Anyone else who encounters this problem will search the forum and find this thread. Wouldn't it be nice if they could find the solution here?!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sathyanveshi
Participant

Post by sathyanveshi »

Hi Ray,

An Ascential consultant visited the premises and resolved this. I do not have exact idea as to what he did. Since DS was used across the organisation, he was called in by the IT Dept. head and he resolved it.

I shall be contacting the Consultant and will get a detailed report of what he did and would be posting the same.

Cheers,
Mohan
miamichillin99
Participant

Post by miamichillin99 »

sathyanveshi wrote:Hi Ray,

An Ascential consultant visited the premises and resolved this. I do not have exact idea as to what he did. Since DS was used across the organisation, he was called in by the IT Dept. head and he resolved it.

I shall be contacting the Consultant and will get a detailed report of what he did and would be posting the same.

Cheers,
Mohan
Any word on how the consultant resolved it?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only legal fix is to purchase a licence for the ODBC driver from Data Direct. See this post for example. Chances are that the company where the "fix" was applied already had an enterprise-wide licence from Data Direct.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
miamichillin99
Participant

Post by miamichillin99 »

I didn't read the thread thorough enough. sathyanveshi is using BASIC code to connect via ODBC...I'm getting the error using the ODBC stage within a Server job. Nothing fancy at all except for a user-defined SQL statement. My error is:

DataStage Job 694 Phantom 16738
Warning:
[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid license file: IVVM.LIC
Warning:
[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid license file: IVVM.LIC
Warning:
[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The DataDirect ODBC driver you are attempting to access has been provided to you by Ascential Software for exclusive use with Ascential Data Integration Suite. You are not licensed to use this driver with any application other than Ascential Data Integration Suite. If you would like to purchase a driver for some other use, please call 800-876-3101 or visit DataDirect at www.datadirect.com
Warning:
[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The DataDirect ODBC driver you are attempting to access has been provided to you by Ascential Software for exclusive use with Ascential Data Integration Suite. You are not licensed to use this driver with any application other than Ascential Data Integration Suite. If you would like to purchase a driver for some other use, please call 800-876-3101 or visit DataDirect at www.datadirect.com

OR

stgQX_RPT_CUSTOM..xfm.lnk_QX_RPT_CUSTOMOut: DSD.BCIGetNext call to SQLFetch failed.
SQL statement:SELECT IDBPCCR1.ConcurAdmin.QX_RPT_CUSTOM.RPT_KEY, IDBPCCR1.ConcurAdmin.QX_RPT_CUSTOM.RC_VALUE_ID, IDBPCCR1.ConcurAdmin.QX_RPT_CUSTOM.RC_CSTRING, CONVERT(VARCHAR(19), IDBPCCR1.ConcurAdmin.QX_RPT_CUSTOM.RC_CDATE,120), IDBPCCR1.ConcurAdmin.QX_RPT_CUSTOM.RC_CMONEY, IDBPCCR1.ConcurAdmin.QX_RPT_CUSTOM.RC_CNUMBER, IDBPCCR1.ConcurAdmin.QX_RPT_CUSTOM.RC_CBOOL FROM ConcurAdmin.QX_RPT_CUSTOM
SQLSTATE=HY000, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]The DataDirect ODBC driver you are attempting to access has been provided to you by Ascential Software for exclusive use with Ascential Data Integration Suite. You are not licensed to use this driver with any application other than Ascential Data Integration Suite. If you would like to purchase a driver for some other use, please call 800-876-3101 or visit DataDirect at www.datadirect.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only the vendor can supply a valid licence file. Contact your support provider. It may be possible, if you have two systems, to move the licence file from the other system, but nothing is guaranteed.