Library file not Found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhusv
Participant

Library file not Found

Post by Madhusv »

Hi All,

I am getting the below error,when running the job.........
TRN_Handle_Null:-Is a transformation stage in the job.

TRN_Handle_Null: Failed to load the library "V0S134_IWH_Expense_Details1_TRN_Handle_Null.o"; either the directory containing the library file
is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system
that is incompatible with this system: Could not load "V0S134_IWH_Expense_Details1_TRN_Handle_Null": No such file or directory.

Regards,
Madhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You tell us.

The error message contains everything you need to know.

Check on the server machine to determine whether or not the .o file exists. If it does, which environment variable governs shared library search path?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Madhusv
Participant

Post by Madhusv »

When i Checked in the server I found that File. But Other jobs with same transfomer stage is running fine, This was also running fine, After doing some changes in the job, I got this error.

Now I took the old job and did the same changes, only change i did'nt do was link name change. Now job is working fine.

But I am facing this problem in another job, Also in afterjob routine server routine is called.

regards,
Madhu
Madhusv
Participant

Post by Madhusv »

One more observation is the file found in the server is not matching with file in the error log.

Error Log File Name:V0S134_IWH_Expense_Details1_TRN_Handle_Null.o

File Name in Server :V0S134_IWH_Expense_Details1_TRN_Handle_Null.trx.osh

Regards,
Madhu
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Re: Library file not Found

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

Hi Madhu,
Its a simple problem the .o or .so file is not getting created when your transformer osh script is being ran which is necessary for the osh script of your job to run.To avoid the .o file failure error run it from osh and make it sure to include your transformer path in the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.I think its only the problem with the environment variable u have given.If you cant trace out the problem i'll tell u how to run the transformmer jobs from osh.Its wrong perception for looking of file V0S134_IWH_Expense_Details1_TRN_Handle_Null.o because it would only get created when your trx.osh is being ran.

Cheers,
Rajeev.
Madhusv wrote:Hi All,

I am getting the below error,when running the job.........
TRN_Handle_Null:-Is a transformation stage in the job.

TRN_Handle_Null: Failed to load the library "V0S134_IWH_Expense_Details1_TRN_Handle_Null.o"; either the directory containing the library file
is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system
that is incompatible with this system: Could not load "V0S134_IWH_Expense_Details1_TRN_Handle_Null": No such file or directory.

Regards,
Madhu
Madhusv
Participant

Post by Madhusv »

Rajeev,

I got the reason, Could you explain me the steps to execute osh.

Regards,
Madhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Running the job executes the osh script - you don't need to worry about that.

You do need to worry about the missing or unfindable ".o" file. Perhaps you could try re-compiling your job with "force compile" selected.

There is an environment variable (variously called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH, SHLIB_PATH, depending on what "flavour" of UNIX you are using) that specified where to search for shared libraries. This needs to include the directory in which your ".o" files for parallel jobs exist.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

Hi Madhu,
Set all the required environment variables in a file like APT_ORCHHOME,APT_CONFIG_FILE,PATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH(depending on your unix flavour),ODBCINI,DSEngine then go to your project directory directory to your job directory which is named as RT_SC[xxx] which you can view from your job director log.Then run osh -f .trx.osh after which .o file gets created then run the osh -f .osh by which your job would run.Make sure to include your job directory path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH & PATH.To know more about usage of osh just type osh.

Cheers,
Rajeev.
ray.wurlod wrote:Running the job executes the osh script - you don't need to worry about that.

You do need to worry about the missing or unfindable ".o" file. Perhaps you could try re-compiling your job with "force compile" selected.

There is an environment variable (variously called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH, SHLIB_PATH, depending on what "flavour" of UNIX you are using) that specified where to search for shared libraries. This needs to include the directory in which your ".o" files for parallel jobs exist.
Madhusv
Participant

Post by Madhusv »

Thanks Very Much.

The .o file was not generated because of complitaion problem which was not noticed by datastage compilation, When a revisited the transformer stage TrimB(StringToDecimal(<Field Name>)) was creating the problem.
After changing this to StringToDecimal(TrimB(<Field Name>)) the .o fiel created.

Any way thanks for the Solutions.

Is it a Bug in Datastage????????????????

Regards,
Madhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clearly your not noticing a failure to compile is NOT a bug in DataStage. :roll:
Madhusv
Participant

Post by Madhusv »

Thre was no problem with compilation, In compilation it has to say that the .o file is not generated but it is saying while executing or vaidating Job.

Reagrds,
Madhu