Function for binary format

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hhh
Participant

Function for binary format

Post by hhh »

Hello friends,

In Px, what is function for converting data into binary format ? like crc32 is useful in server job .

Thanks
HMan
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The CRC32 function does more than convert data into binary - it compresses it into 4 bytes regardless of string length. PX has a number of builtin conversions to and from binary as well.

Are you looking for a particular function or just asking a general question? In addition to the builtin functions in PX (quite a lot less functionality than in Server) you also have the option of writing your own code in c++ and binding that in.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

ArndW,
I want to know particular function. as well as how do i write my own c++ code in PX.
Thanks
Hiten
ArndW wrote:The CRC32 function does more than convert data into binary - it compresses it into 4 bytes regardless of string length. PX has a number of builtin conversions to and from binary as well.

Are you looking for a particular function or just asking a general question? In addition to the builtin functions in PX (quite a lot less functionality than in Server) you also have the option of writing your own code in c++ and binding that in.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hiten,

the Parallel Job Developer guide lists the builtin functions available in PX. There are different function for different stages (and even different syntax and options for the same function in different stages) and are documented there.

The c++ issue is a bit different, but using the search option here will give you some additional examples to those supplied by IBM.