PX training course

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

martind
Participant

PX training course

Post by martind »

Does anyone know if there are any Parallel Extender training courses aimed at experienced Datastage developers being held in India or Malaysia/Singapore?

Thanks,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

MartinD,

I am assuming that you mean training apart from that offered by Ascential/IBM?

Ray will certainly get back to you on this one, as that part of the globe is in his bailiwick. Depending on number of pupils (and payment), there are consultants in this forum who would hold such a course as well.
martind
Participant

Post by martind »

Ascential/IBM would be preferable acutally.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Ascential/IBM classes are streamed - there are versions of DataStage Essentials for both server and parallel editions. Similarly there are versions of Advanced DataStage.

Ascential had an agency in Chennai that can deliver training. Presumably you should now be asking IBM India.

But they have nothing like the class being offered in Las Vegas next month, a transition class aimed explicitly at experienced server job developers. That's a DCS initiative. It may be possible that it tours next year.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
martind
Participant

Post by martind »

Thanks. The Las Vegas show certainly looks like the place to be! I'll have to check if it's within my budget and schedule. :twisted:

I think I will have to check with IBM India for courses here. Not being completely clear about the structure of the Datastage courses I want to avoid courses explaining the purpose of a data mapping or the meaning of a dimensional table.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can look at the course catalogue
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

martind wrote:Ascential/IBM would be preferable acutally.
Why? You're posting on the DSXchange, obviously you've found the need to go elsewhere for support. You've got 20K+ questions answered here, supported by folks who've been using the tools for 8+ years, some of whom are former VMark/Ardent/Informix/Ascential/IBM employees/executives. Ray's teaching a PX course specifically tuned for transitioning to PX next month, wouldn't you rather be taught by someone who's been implementing ETL solutions for years and has a worldwide reputation for excellence?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may be that it tours next year. India is not out of the question. This is neither a promise nor an undertaking - ultimately it will be DCS's call.
martind
Participant

Post by martind »

Vegas spectacle sounds superb but without big-company backing it's a bit out of scope.

I would position Ascential/IBM courses more reliable than locally produced ones. Was Ray to do a road-show, now that would be first choice.