error while reading the fixed width file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arvind
Participant

error while reading the fixed width file

Post by arvind »

Hello Everybody,
I'm trying to read data from the fixed width file,
I'm getting the following error:
function 'utf_to_row()' failed
I defined all the column types as char and null able NO
and the correct length.

Please suggest me the solution for this.

Thanks in Advance
Arvind
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I've had trouble getting the sequential file definitions set up correctly in PX, it takes a lot more work than in server. The error messages tend to be more verbose than yours, though. It sounds like you have a NLS installation and a mapping is failing. Does this file contain NLS?

Just to make the debugging simpler, try to declare the whole rows as just one CHAR field of the appropriate length (and attributes in the column detail screens, including null handling if necessary). This makes getting the initial file read a lot easier, once you have that portion working you can start adding your fields.
track_star
Participant

Post by track_star »

It's probably due to the NLS map you're using in the stage. Verify which map you're using and check that against the data itself. If you're using the FTP stage to do the reading, make sure that you're transferring in the correct mode and with the correct character set.