Join Operator..Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srikanthd1978
Charter Member
Charter Member

Join Operator..Warning

Post by srikanthd1978 »

I am Joining two datasets in the Join Operator. The Join is an Inner Join on 4 Keys.. I am doing a Sort and Hash Partitioning in the Join Operator for both the Inout datasets..

I get the waring:

Join_26: When checking operator: User inserted sort "Join_26.TM_data_Sort" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "APT_JoinSubOperator in Join_26"

I figured that this was because i was not Including One of the Keys in the Sort and Hash Partitioning List on the Input tab's of the Join Operator.

The warning now has gone.Job has completed successfully.

I just want to make sure that this was the only Reason why the Warning Came up.

The Reasoning would be that u need to sort and Hash partition on all the Keys that u had Mentioned on which the Join Needs to be Performed.

If there is any other Reasoning, pl. let me know.

Thanks.
..i did not invent many things..but i can make them Better..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you read the Parallel Job Developer's Guide chapter on the Join stage the point that the input links must be sorted on the join keys is explicitly made. Hash partitioning on the same keys guarantees that all join keys will be found on the same processing node where the particular join is being performed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.