ERROR when compling parallel job having transfeprmer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

neeraj
Participant

ERROR when compling parallel job having transfeprmer stage

Post by neeraj »

Hi,

When i am trieng to complie the simple parallel job it is giving the following error. My job consits of one sequential file stage as source one transformer and sequential file as target, it is direct mapping from source to target no functions and calculations used in trasformer stage.

Output from transformer compilation follows:

##I TFCN 000001 12:36:09(000) <main_program>
Ascential DataStage(tm) Enterprise Edition 7.5
Copyright (c) 2004, 1997-2004 Ascential Software Corporation.
All Rights Reserved

##I TOSH 000002 12:36:09(001) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 12:36:09(002) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 12:36:09(003) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##E TBLD 000000 12:36:10(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 256
##E TFSR 000019 12:36:10(001) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W TFCP 000000 12:36:10(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0"is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##W TBLD 000000 12:36:10(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: cxx: file 'C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/cxx.ccg': The system cannot find the file specified.

##I TFCP 000008 12:36:10(004) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: cxx -O -ID:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/include -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c D:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/Neeraj_project/RT_BP123.O/V0S2_parallel_seq_Transformer_2.C -o D:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/Neeraj_project/RT_BP123.O/V0S2_parallel_seq_Transformer_2.tmp.o
##E TCOS 000029 12:36:10(005) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED (parallel_seq.Transformer_2)

*** Internal Generated Transformer Code follows:
0001: //
0002: // Generated file to implement the V0S2_parallel_seq_Transformer_2 transform operator.
0003: //
0004:
0005: // define our input/output link names
0006: inputname 0 DSLink3;
0007: outputname 0 DSLink4;
0008:
0009: initialize {
0010: // define our row rejected variable
0011: int8 RowRejected0;
0012:
0013: // define our null set variable
0014: int8 NullSetVar0;
0015:
0016: }
0017:
0018: mainloop {
0019: // initialise our row rejected variable
0020: RowRejected0 = 1;
0021:
0022: // evaluate columns (no constraints) for link: DSLink4
0023: writerecord 0;
0024: RowRejected0 = 0;
0025: }
0026:
0027: finish {
0028: }
0029:
*** End of Internal Generated Transformer Code

I have gone through the form... and installed Turbo C complier. But even then I am getting the same problem. Please let me know either i need to change the environment variable?

Thanx in advance
Neeraj
dsxdev
Participant

Post by dsxdev »

The problem look like is with improper compiler options.
Happy DataStaging
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

You have a compiuler problem, It is either the compiler you installed is not compatible with datastage (check the readme file for the relevant list) of your compiler is not in your %PATH% env variable. Ther in a datastage env variable in your administrator env settings (i think it is call APT_COMPILER)
##W TBLD 000000 12:36:10(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: cxx: file 'C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/cxx.ccg': The system cannot find the file specified.
HTH,
Amos
Eric
Participant

Re: ERROR when compling parallel job having transfeprmer sta

Post by Eric »

neeraj wrote: Output from subprocess: cxx: file 'C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/cxx.ccg': The system cannot find the file specified.

I have gone through the form... and installed Turbo C complier.

I think you should have installed Visual Studio .Net Before you install DataStage.
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

Hi neeraj,

This problem is really because of the job parameters....This kind of problem occurs when you use the job parameters for checking for something..For eg if you give the following expression:

If IsNotNull(<JobParameter>) then <something> Else <something>
Tell me if really solved your problem or not...
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
apraman
Participant

Post by apraman »

dspxlearn wrote:Hi neeraj,

This problem is really because of the job parameters....This kind of problem occurs when you use the job parameters for checking for something..For eg if you give the following expression:

If IsNotNull(<JobParameter>) then <something> Else <something>
Tell me if really solved your problem or not...
dspxlearn, neeraj

It is either the compiler problem or the environment variable. and this I had faced earlier when I created a simple job having transformer stage without any job parameter and even with out any conversion in the transformer stage. Problem was solved later but can't tell how, I only know the reason :)
Last edited by apraman on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
apraman
Participant

Post by apraman »

Eric wrote: I think you should have installed Visual Studio .Net Before you install DataStage.
I think parallel extender server is mostly loaded in Unix OS, Installing .net in Unix is how much reality, I do not know. This option does not hold good
If I'm wrong do correct me
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

Hi aparaman,

Yup!! This problem comes while you are compling only...I completely...But i got this ("checking composite operator error") error previously and i made a lot of checkings all over my job...But finally it has been rectified only after i have changed the checking method on the Job parameter... Did you check with the error exactly... :!: :?:
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
apraman
Participant

Post by apraman »

dspxlearn wrote:Hi aparaman,

Yup!! This problem comes while you are compling only...I completely...But i got this ("checking composite operator error") error previously and i made a lot of checkings all over my job...But finally it has been rectified only after i have changed the checking method on the Job parameter... Did you check with the error exactly... :!: :?:
I agree this problem comes while you are compling only. May be you have face this due your job parameter. But same error what neeraj has mentioned i had faced with simple transformer stage just mapping input to output link without any job parameters used.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

apraman wrote:
Eric wrote: I think you should have installed Visual Studio .Net Before you install DataStage.
I think parallel extender server is mostly loaded in Unix OS, Installing .net in Unix is how much reality, I do not know. This option does not hold good
If I'm wrong do correct me
The OP specified a Windows server. Therefore the advice to load Visual Studio .NET was valid and correct.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.