DataStage Connection Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Connection Error

Post by seanc217 »

have Datastage 7.5x2 installed on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server. The server has 2.5 Gig of Ram and a 40 Gig Hard drive. Everyday at the same time I start to get connection errors to the server. I have turned off timeouts in the administrator. Looking in the event viewer logs I see the following errors that reference the MKS took kit...

Event id 10021
secshd.exe: Did not receive identification from <ip address here>.

Event id 10021
secshd.exe: Received disconnect from <ip address here> : Terminating Connection

Event id 10023 Error:
secshd.exe: fatal: : read: -1

Whenever I try to connect to the server through the client I get the following error:

Failed to connect to host <host name here>, project <project name here> (The connection is broken(81002))

Any help is appreciated.
adhrijaa
Participant

Re: DataStage Connection Error

Post by adhrijaa »

seanc217 wrote:have Datastage 7.5x2 installed on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server. The server has 2.5 Gig of Ram and a 40 Gig Hard drive. Everyday at the same time I start to get connection errors to the server. I have turned off timeouts in the administrator. Looking in the event viewer logs I see the following errors that reference the MKS took kit...

Event id 10021
secshd.exe: Did not receive identification from <ip address here>.

Event id 10021
secshd.exe: Received disconnect from <ip address here> : Terminating Connection

Event id 10023 Error:
secshd.exe: fatal: : read: -1

Whenever I try to connect to the server through the client I get the following error:

Failed to connect to host <host name here>, project <project name here> (The connection is broken(81002))

Any help is appreciated.

Please check the DS Services are running properly.
seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by seanc217 »

The Services appear to be running fine. It's when I hit the 24 hour time period is when I have problems. Like I said before though, I have disabled the timeout in the administrator.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Are you using the account and paasword you installed with? or defined a userid id and password with priviledges to the installed account? 2003 acts similar to Unix in that way....looks to me like the same error
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My guess is that the secure shell (secshd.exe) is overriding any idle non-timeout request you may have issued.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.