Dropping of Records in BuildOp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bilwakunj
Participant

Dropping of Records in BuildOp

Post by Bilwakunj »

Hi,
I've created a simple BuildOp for learning purpose . The i/p has 2 integer columns namely Arg1, Arg2 and o/p has got 3 columns, Arg1,Arg2 and Result. Result = Arg1+Arg2.
I'm giving the input using Row generator. The job/BuildOp are getting compiled successfully but when I run the job , it's finishing with status = OK. But I'm not able to see any record in the output. In the director log I am getting following message:
Tst_87: When checking operator: Dropping component "Arg1" because of prior component with same name
Tst_87: When checking operator: Dropping component "Arg2" because of prior component with same name
What does this implicates?

Thanks in advance!!!
Brethart
Participant

Re: Dropping of Records in BuildOp

Post by Brethart »

Set the Read/Write/Transfer properties to Auto and you should see the output.

You may also enable runtime column propagation and remove any fields listed in the output page of the buildop - output to a peek stage to see the results.
Bilwakunj wrote:Hi,
I've created a simple BuildOp for learning purpose . The i/p has 2 integer columns namely Arg1, Arg2 and o/p has got 3 columns, Arg1,Arg2 and Result. Result = Arg1+Arg2.
I'm giving the input using Row generator. The job/BuildOp are getting compiled successfully but when I run the job , it's finishing with status = OK. But I'm not able to see any record in the output. In the director log I am getting following message:
Tst_87: When checking operator: Dropping component "Arg1" because of prior component with same name
Tst_87: When checking operator: Dropping component "Arg2" because of prior component with same name
What does this implicates?

Thanks in advance!!!