Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Hi,
When I run a job, the log shows the number of rows inserted into the table concatenated by brackets.
If I click on the log it is showing the number of records too.

Earlier it used to show the number of records inserted and records updated directly in the log.

Is there any parameter that we need to set so that we can see the log in detail.

Thanks,
Phani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please post one of the messages that you're describing?
Ideally one of each kind, though I realise that might be unreasonable to ask.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Hi,
The following message is found in the log.

ORCL_TGT_Supplier,0: Records inserted: 3,281 (........)

Once I click on this line I am able to see

ORCL_TGT_Supplier,0: Records inserted: 3,281
Records used for update: 100
Records rejected: 0
Total records: 3381.

So to see the record count that got updated,rejected,inserted do we need to set any properties.

Thanks,
Phani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The three dots indicate that there is more message.

If you make the field wider you may see more. However, I'm guessing that there are explicit line breaks in the message, which means that only the first line is displayed in Summary view.

This may be a change in behaviour since the previous release; check the readme files that come with the installation media to see whether such is the case.

As far as I am aware there is no parameter that you can set to change the way that logging of this kind of message works. If you were feeling like a challenge, you might create a message handler that stripped out the line breaks!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Thanks Ray,

Can you please provide some information on how to strip out the line breaks in message handler.

I want to enable this at the project level.
As of now that option is disabled in the Message Handler management. Do I need to have admin privilege to do that.

Thanks,
Phani