Memory Fault Error...Parallel job reports failure (code 139)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akash_nitj
Participant

Memory Fault Error...Parallel job reports failure (code 139)

Post by akash_nitj »

Hi
I have just done the installation of DataStage 7.1 for our project.
When i am trying to run a simple job like reading from sequential file and writing to a sequential file a memory fault error is coming.

The error is Parallel job reports failure (code 139).

Are there any extra settings which need to be done before running the jobs.

........Waiting for a reply
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are any other errors or warnings reported/logged? What volume of data (approximately) are you trying to process? Do any other applications on that machine generate memory errors? Have you logged a call with your support provider?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

We came across this problem.
Ray wrote:Are any other errors or warnings reported/logged?
Ray, The problem is quite strange. You dont get any other errors or warnings. You get one fatal error stating

Parallel job reports failure (code 139)

In one of our job we were reading from a dataset but the dataset was empty. We tried to view the data and it failed. Once the dataset was loaded with data the job ran fine.

Just check whether the sequential file that you are using is accesible and that you are able to view the data from Datastage Designer before running the job.

Instead of using a sequential stage use some database stage and load the data into a dataset and check what happens.

HTH
--Rich
BobCothroll
Participant

Post by BobCothroll »

I encountered this problem with the same release of DataStage. It was caused by an Oracle 9i extract with the same target field specified twice. Perhaps that was just an "instigator", but when you get one of these esoteric error messages, start with your latest changes. DataStage error messages are often somewhere between nebulous and misleading.
mpouet
Participant

Post by mpouet »

Hi,

Are you sure your input file exists ?

Matthieu