Problems using Pivot Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problems using Pivot Stage

Post by dsusr »

Hi All,

I have installed the pivot plug-in stage at the server but when I am trying to use the pivot stage it is giving the following error:-

[u]main_program: PATH search failure:
main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "dscapiop"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers[/u]

I have tried to search the operator dscapiop at the server but was not able to found. Does this mean that installation was not proper?

Please help me :(

Thanks
dsusr
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How did you install it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsusr »

[quote="chulett"]How did you install it?[/quote]

Hi,

I have installed it using the "dspackinst" utility in $DSHOME/bin directory. After installing, I have restarted the server also.

Please let me know if some other thing needs to be done.

Thanks
dsusr
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You are better off repeating the Server installation. It will run in Maintenance Mode and allow you to - amongst other things - install optional plug-ins you didn't during the original installation.

This is the preferred methodology and will get the plug-in into all current projects plus the project template so that any new projects you create later will include them as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsusr »

Hi Craig,

I have tried doing the server installation again and the problem get solved but is there any specific reason why this plug-in dont get installed using command "dspackinst".

Thanks for your suggestions.
Salman