Erron in using Combine Records Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Erron in using Combine Records Stage

Post by dsusr »

Hi All,

We are trying to use Combine Records stage. Input file contains just 3 columns i.e. key_col(Char(1) ), col1 ( TinyInt), col2(Time) and data that is present is A,1,00:10:00
A,3:00:03:00

Now while trying to run the job by combining the records with "key_col" as combine key we are getting the following error:-

Test_output: Error when checking operator: When binding input interface subrec "subreccol" to subrec "subreccol": A variable-length vector is bound to fixed-length vector input.

If anyone has worked on this stage then please help us.

Thanks
dsusr
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

I receive the same error when attempting to write my result of combine records to a sequential file. It does however properly work when writing to dataset or peek stages.

Perhaps it is not possible to write a variable length vector out in sequential file stage, or at least in the documentation for combine records it is not evident what additional settings must be set to have the result properly do this.

Perhaps you must use a schema file if you want to write such advanced records out through sequential flat file stage?

- Greg
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The other choice, of course, is to expand the vector prior to writing to the sequential file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.