Error Messages in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

medakiran
Participant

Error Messages in PX

Post by medakiran »

Hi all,

Can anyone plz help me. :roll:

I know a lot of this has to do with my lack of experience with the tool, but, these error messages are a real struggle. Am I missing something? Is there some "magic" setting or technique to making sense of these messages? There are numerous that I am having trouble with, but, I'll post a few examples.

I'm getting the following error:

"Transformer_20,0: Fatal Error: APT_Decimal::assignFrom: src (2,222,222,222,222,220,000,000) out of range for decimal with precision 10 and scale 0"

The job has been designed as below:

SequentialFile--->ColumnGenerator--->Funnel--->Transformer-->DataSet

In the columngenerator stage, i'm generating 3 additional columns with SQL type "Unknown" and changing the datatypes at the Transformer stage as required at the Target(DataSet).

Thank you,
kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's exactly as the error message states.

In your source data the value 2,222,222,222,222,220,000,000 occurred.

You tried to load this into a column whose data type is declared as Decimal(10,0). It quite simply doesn't fit.

Choose a more appropriate data type, for example Decimal(40,0) and the error will disappear. However, there may be downstream implications that you will also need to adjust.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Everyone who starts developing in parallel jobs gets a truck load of warning messages, especially when you throw sequential files and transformers into the mix. It's just a matter of experience, training, learning and experimentation that makes it easier to avoid them.