parallel job issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kool_cons
Participant

parallel job issue

Post by kool_cons »

Guys,
I am getting following error while running parallel job. it is running good as server job. could you guys help me to get rid of this problem.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Data source name not found and no default driver specified.Unable to connect to Informix ODBC data source 'pit_mms'.
iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iwin »

Hi,
Describe clearly what are you trying to do. Did you give the parameters correctly for the job.
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

Parameters are defined correctly. i checked the odbc.ini file and verfied that database is already added there.it wont be a problem with .ini file.
we have a simple informix table as source and trying to exctract data to flat file. i can see the data when i tried to view data at table.but it is failed if we try to run the job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there an entry for <pit_mms> in the uvodbc.config file in your project directory?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

I have that entry in uvodbc.config file.
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

Sorry,
i looked at wrong place. but it is not there in project directory.Do we need add there..since without adding that we ran it once and it was good.
Do you think it is an issue.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage looks for the uvodbc.config file in the project directory. Only if one is not found there does it look in the $DSHOME directory. And if it's not there either it checks in /etc before giving up.

It's not an issue; that's how DataStage works.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.