Oracle Enterprise Stage - Update / Insert rowcount

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Oracle Enterprise Stage - Update / Insert rowcount

Post by phanee_k »

Hi,
I want to capture the number of records that are getting updated / inserted into the database.
I am capturing the job statistics using a routine.

Oneway to capture the record count is through reading the log file and get the statistics.

Is there any function so that I can get the rowcount directly instead of reading the log file.

Thanks for the inputs.

Thanks,
Phani
Brethart
Participant

Re: Oracle Enterprise Stage - Update / Insert rowcount

Post by Brethart »

phanee_k wrote:Hi,
I want to capture the number of records that are getting updated / inserted into the database.
I am capturing the job statistics using a routine.

Oneway to capture the record count is through reading the log file and get the statistics.

Is there any function so that I can get the rowcount directly instead of reading the log file.

Thanks for the inputs.

Thanks,
Phani
Check out DSGetLinkInfo
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSLinkRowCount on the link servicing the database reports how many rows were sent successfully along that link.

You also need to capture whether any rows were not accepted by the database - standard reject handling in DataStage - by counting the number of rows on the reject link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Hi,
Thanks for the inputs. I am capturing the row count at the link level.
But, I want to capture the number of records getting updated / inserted through the oracle enterprise stage using the UPSERT command.

Infact I am able to capture them by reading the log and capturing the occurrences of the insert and update statement.

Is there any other way to capture the records or is this only the way ie. by reading the log.

Thanks,
Phani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe there is any way within DataStage.

If the records contain timestamps for created and updated, you may be able to determine these counts with SQL queries.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe there is any other way - period - other than reading the log as you are doing now. Maybe you could query and get your own counts based on timestamps, but who would want to do that? Yuck. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers