Warning - "User inserted sort"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Warning - "User inserted sort"

Post by kumar_s »

Hi DSXians,
I am getting the following warning for a Sort which is palce in front of a aggregator.
"AGG020: When checking operator: User inserted sort "SRT010" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "APT_SortedGroup2Operator in AGG020""
Since aggregator requrie a sorted input, i introduce a sort.
And also let me know what is better, Explicit sort or implicit sort.
I guess it is explicit sort right?? :roll:

regards
kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the message again. Read the whole message.

It's not about implicit or explicit. It's not about Sort stage versus sort specified on a stage's input link.

The message tells you that the sort that you specified is in some way incompatible with the requirements of a downstream operator. You can find that operator by viewing the generated OSH.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jayantthakore
Participant

Post by jayantthakore »

Hi,

Are you changing the name of the Sort key Column and then using it for Aggregation?
You might get this warning if the Sort and Aggregating keys are different or are not in same order.

Thanks
regards
Jayant
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

jayantthakore wrote:Hi,

Are you changing the name of the Sort key Column and then using it for Aggregation?
You might get this warning if the Sort and Aggregating keys are different or are not in same order.

Thanks
regards
Jayant
Thanks Jayant,
I too looked upon these issues before posting.

Ray,
you made me to explore in to OSH, Though i couldnt get much information from that, the setup of the job was follows

Code: Select all

seq file010---->Sort020--->Aggregator030                seq file080
                                                  |                            |
                                                  |                            |
                                               merge060-------   lookup070----seqfile090
                                                  |
seq file040-------------Sort050-------
I found the partition method in lookup070 are maintaind as 'hash' for seqfile080 and 'same' for the merge060 stage, now i changed seqfile080 to auto(i guess it takes Entire internally) and merge060 to same.
THE WARNING VANISHES.
But, just to know the reason, when i revoked the change i make, i could not get the previous warning :roll:

regards
kumar
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Sorry the code is not alligned properly, it was merge between agg030 and sort050. and lookup to seqfile080

regards
kumar