oracle output error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepthi
Participant

oracle output error

Post by deepthi »

Hi,
i have loaded data into a table, but when i'm trying to read data from the oracle stage its giving error. The data is present in the table when i checked in Toad.
Theerror mesaage is:

##E TFOP 000001 10:06:29(000) <Org1,0> Failure during execution of operator logic.
##F TFDE 000030 10:06:29(002) <Org1,0> Fatal Error: APT_Decimal::assignFromString: invalid format for the source string.
##E TFOP 000001 10:06:29(000) <_Head,0> Failure during execution of operator logic.
##E TFPM 000192 10:06:29(000) <node_node1> Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
##E TFPM 000338 10:06:29(000) <main_program> Unexpected exit status 1
##F TFIO 000126 10:06:29(003) <APT_CombinedOperatorController,0> Fatal Error: waitForWriteSignal(): Premature EOF on node pure.dol.state.nj.us No such file or directory
##E TFPM 000192 10:06:29(000) <node_node2> Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
##E TFPM 000338 10:06:29(001) <main_program> Unexpected exit status 1
##E TFSR 000011 10:06:34(000) <main_program> Step execution finished with status = FAILED.
please check this.
Thank you
deepthi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

deepthi,

right at the beginning you have the error message excerpt
Fatal Error: APT_Decimal::assignFromString: invalid format for the source string.
So, you have a string coming in that you are implicitly or explicitly converting to a decimal. Does this not narrow down your problem?
deepthi
Participant

Post by deepthi »

In oracle the datatype for the Column "ID" is NUMBER. when i imported metadata for that table in the datastage its showing decimal(38,10) automatically for "ID". while reading if we put decimal as datatype its giving unwanted zeros eg: instead of 4 its showing 000000000004.000. if i change the datatype to integer its giving the error.

ArndW wrote:deepthi,

right at the beginning you have the error message excerpt
Fatal Error: APT_Decimal::assignFromString: invalid format for the source string.
So, you have a string coming in that you are implicitly or explicitly converting to a decimal. Does this not narrow down your problem?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Keep the correct metadata; if you are doing a view-data it will pad with zeroes, but if you write to a file you will see that there are no leading zeroes. You can also use explicit conversions or formatting, but I think that your error message from DS is correct from the program's point of view.
deepthi
Participant

Post by deepthi »

Arnd,

I am writing to an oracle table and sequential file at a time. When I view data in sequential file data is fine. This job being parallel job there is no option to view data through oracle stage. When I see data in the table through toad it is fine.

Then I developed another simple job with 2 stages where I am extracting data from the same table that I populated in the previous job and am populating into a sequential file.When I view data through oracle stage I am seeing bad data and when I run the job also it is giving fatal error. I have imported metadata once again , still the job is aborting.
I have other jobs like this that are working fine.

Thank You

ArndW wrote:Keep the correct metadata; if you are doing a view-data it will pad with zeroes, but if you write to a file you will see that there are no leading zeroes. You can also use explicit conversions or formatting, but I think that your error message from DS is correct from the program's point of view.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

deepthi: I guess I am at a loss - I see a valid error message saying that a format has been broken and you are saying that even though you intentionally changed the format it should work (and does work in other jobs). But I am sure that someone else in this forum can assist you; I still think that reformatting out the leading 00s is better than modifying metadata.
ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

When I view data through oracle stage I am seeing bad data and when I run the job also it is giving fatal error.
Just checking; Is the above- mentioned error the same as in your initial post:
##F TFDE 000030 10:06:29(002) <Org1,0> Fatal Error: APT_Decimal::assignFromString: invalid format for the source string.
????

Amey
san_deep
Participant

HI

Post by san_deep »

I am also getting the error similar like the one above............
but in my case my column value is exceeding the default value [38,10]

job error is :

Fatal Error: APT_Decimal::assignFromString: the source string (322665901919233341505776723281119128249 ) is out of range for the decimal with precision 38.

I am able to read the data in source only after converting it Char by using TO_Char function.

My job design is:-

Oracle Enterprise-------------->Modify--------->Oracle Enterprise

any suggestion will be of gr8 help.

how to change the defualt Decimal[38,10]........when i am changing the environmental variable APT_DECIMAL_INTERM_PRECISION to [42] but it changing the value in intermediate runtime.