commit point when loading SQL sever DB using ODBC enterprise

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bmadhav
Charter Member
Charter Member

commit point when loading SQL sever DB using ODBC enterprise

Post by bmadhav »

I am trying to do inserts into SQL server database using ODBC enterprise stage fron a PX job. I have to insert approx. 30 million rows of data into the SQL sever database.
My input is a sequential file on AIX. The database is SQL server 2000.
How do i set the number of rows to commit/transaction size?
When i am running my job, it looks like it is commiting after row being inserted.
I did look for APT* env variables. I do not see anything specific for the ODBC enterprise/SQL server stage.
Anybody run in this situation before?

Thanks
BM
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D
From memory (I'm not presently working in the EE environment) there are two generic environment variables you need. One is APT_COMMIT_ROWS (or something like that), the other is APT_COMMIT_INTERVAL.
Check the Parallel Job Developer's Guide for full details.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bmadhav
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bmadhav »

Ray

I did check all available APT variables at the project level and did not see any generic APT_COMMIT*.
I will dig into the Parallel dev guide and see if i can find anything.

Thanks
BM
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They're not all in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide - open the Administrator client, select your project, click Properties, then click Environment...

You should find them in that list of environment variables. I was using 7.5.1A last week, and they're definitely there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.