Unable to call ds_writelog /How to abort from C++ library

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anu13
Participant

Unable to call ds_writelog /How to abort from C++ library

Post by anu13 »

Hi Ray and other experts.

I wish to abort my datastage job with customised error messages going into the director log from inside my c++ shared object. I saw folks refering to "ds_writelog" defined in .../gcidir/include/dsd_gci.h.

I get a huge list of compilation errors when I try to include dsd_gci.h. Hence I tried to copy the prototype into my header and built the library using
extern "C" void ds_writelog(int id, char * deftext, char * arglist, int severity);

Note: I used extern "C" to call a C-Funtion from my C++ library . My compiler is xlC_r.

I am now getting the error "

Either the directory containing the library file is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system that is incompatible with this system. Could not load "V0S5_newenc_enc": rtld: 0712-001 Symbol ds_writelog was referenced from module
/projects/lib/libwrap.so() , but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.

Thanks In Advance

Anu