Compilation Error in Parallel Job (in Transformer stage)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

Hi,

I am getting the Error in Parallel job compilation Error is in Transformer. i have verified all the columns in input and output link to this transformer it looks ok. THe error is as follows:
Output from transformer compilation follows:
##I TFCN 000001 17:23:12(000) <main_program>
Ascential DataStage(tm) Enterprise Edition 7.5.0.1
Copyright (c) 2004, 1997-2004 Ascential Software Corporation.
All Rights Reserved

##I TUTL 000031 17:23:12(001) <main_program> The open files limit is 100; raising to 4096.
##I TOSH 000002 17:23:12(002) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 17:23:12(003) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 17:23:12(004) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##I TFSC 000001 17:23:12(007) <main_program> APT configuration file: /detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt (j_secmr_consolidation.trans_mch)

*** Internal Generated Transformer Code follows:
0001: //
0002: // Generated file to implement the V0S120_repos_trans_mch transform operator.
0003: //
0004:
0005: // define our input/output link names
0006: inputname 0 lnk_mch_src;
0007: outputname 0 lnk_mch_ip;
0008:
0009: initialize {
I have checked the path : /detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt on the server the file default.apt is not there.

Any help in this regards would be appritiated. thanks in advance
Regards
Sonia Jacob
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well, I don't see the actual fatal message and what are you running on like Solaris, AIX, etc? but check.....

1. Do you have the right C++ compiler installed and all its load libs....not just runtimes?

2. Does your default.apt have the right fastname? If you do a uname -n this gives the value of fastname.

3. Is your APT_COMPILER and APT_LINKER environment variables pointing to your C++ locations?

refer to the install guide.
vigneshra
Participant

Post by vigneshra »

Hi

Just override the default value for the $APT_CONFIG_FILE parameter with any of the existing config file name and path. The problem will be solved.
Vignesh.

"A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking."
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

There MUST be a valid CONFIG.APT file for the transformer to compile. The APT file you use can be a simple 1 node setup and does not have to be the APT file used in the Runtime/production environment.

(I think later versions of DataStage may have lifted this restriction)
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

vigneshra wrote:Hi

Just override the default value for the $APT_CONFIG_FILE parameter with any of the existing config file name and path. The problem will be solved.
Hi Vigeneshra / Eric,
(1) I have checked the Env. variable value for $APT_CONFIG_FILE and it is :/detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt

(2) The file default.apt is present on the given path and the content of the file is
more default.apt
{
node "node1"
{
fastname "dasomg02"
pools ""
resource disk "/detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Datasets" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Scratch" {pools ""}
}
}

(3) I have Datastage server on Unix Box. please advice the Error is still there in COmpilation and the message says that error is in Transformer.

(4) Where and how should i check for the C++ compiler settings and related variable values (if required for this error removal) please let me know

Thanks a lot
Regards
Sonia Jacob
kprama
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kprama »

Are you able to run other jobs? I mean are there jobs using the transformer and working fine? If so then you can try deleting the transformer and dropping a new transformer from your palette and try if that works. ofcourse this might not be the solution but works sometimes if u are dealing with a old job may be because of the C++ upgrade on the server or other issues.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Maybe I didn't see but what is the actual fatal error message text say?
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

(1) I have checked the Env. variable value for $APT_CONFIG_FILE and it is :/detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt
Assuming that the Colon at the start of the file path is not in the APT variable. ;)

Always try a force compile when you have transformer problems to ensure the transformer code will be re-compiled.

Otherthan that, if you still having problems you'll have to post a bit more information on the error message.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

1. You must have a valid $APT_CONFIG_FILE set up for your compilation. It is highly recommended that you include that environment parameter as part of every EE jobs you are running. This would allows you to adjust your job on a specific level instead of depending on a project-wide setting.

2. Ensure that the 'colon' is not present. Obviously, that is not a valid UNIX path. Also ensure that the UNIX path is correct. I have seen cases where L can be confused with an I. Verify by copying and pasting the path onto the UNIX prompt.

3. Transformer compilation requires that the configuration file be defined, present, and valid for compile-time.

4. By default, the compiler setting should be correct for your UNIX system, and set in a precise way to allow for DataStage to compile and link its own libraries. 99.9~% of the time, it should be left alone.

Ensure that #1 and #2 are addressed and let us know the results.
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

Hi,

(1) : is not present in the path that was just the seperator i mentioned.
(2) I have also checked that the path for the .apt file is also proper. and on Unix prompt i can see that file on the given path.

(3) Also $APT_CONFIG_FILE value is proper /detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt

(4) While compiling it gives the error as "Error compiling parallel transformer (and it shows transformer name where the error is). then when we click on more it gives the following message :
====================================
Output from transformer compilation follows:

##I TFCN 000001 12:02:25(000) <main_program>
Ascential DataStage(tm) Enterprise Edition 7.5.0.1
Copyright (c) 2004, 1997-2004 Ascential Software Corporation.
All Rights Reserved

##I TUTL 000031 12:02:25(001) <main_program> The open files limit is 100; raising to 4096.
##I TOSH 000002 12:02:25(002) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 12:02:25(003) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 12:02:25(004) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##I TFSC 000001 12:02:25(007) <main_program> APT configuration file: /detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt (j_secmr_consolidation.trans_mch)

*** Internal Generated Transformer Code follows:
0001: //
0002: // Generated file to implement the V0S120_j_secmr_consolidation_trans_mch transform operator.
0003: //
0004:
0005: // define our input/output link names
0006: inputname 0 lnk_mch_src;
0007: outputname 0 lnk_mch_ip;
0008:
0009: initialize {
======================= Rest is all transformer code so i am not giving that

Please let me know further .. any Suggestions ..?
Regards
Sonia Jacob
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

Hi,

I also tried Force compile but still it gives the same error. Though there are no fatel error present but it is not compiling this job at all.
Regards
Sonia Jacob
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

i also had the same error which you got. i guess you are having the problem only for parallel jobs right?? why dont you check the visual age C++ compiler on your server like what version r u using/ there might be different version fo compiler on your machine. my machine had that kind of problem. i contaced ascential support .so you better communicate with ascential support. they will respond promptly.
s_rkhan
Participant

Post by s_rkhan »

Hi,

First of all the code that you are giving here doesn't contain the Error lines. Also just check the C++ compiler version that is installed on your machine. You can check this by using the command

swlist|grep C++ in /usr/sbin directory.

DataStage 7.5 requires compilers with version 3.5 and above for HP-UX machines.

Thanks,
srk
hexa
Participant

Post by hexa »

Hi,

I am also facing same problem. OS is window server 2003 and compiler is Visual studio .NET.

Hexa
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is not the same problem. Windows is very different. Please open a new thread.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.