Wrapper problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jayantthakore
Participant

Wrapper problem

Post by jayantthakore »

hii,
I am generating a simple wrapper to sort two files and give output on a single file.I am generating the wrapper.Noting happens.But it doesn't pop up any window stating successful generation of wrapper or the error.

But when i implement it in the job. It throws a error

main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "sortjay.op"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

Can anyone help
bchau
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bchau »

I've had a similar problem with a build-op stage. When I click on the "generate" button, it would just close the window without reporting anything. I noticed that the build-op stage was "read only", so I had to contact support and they removed the "read only" tag and I was able to generate the build-op stage. One thing you could do is to re-build the stage with a new name and just copy the settings over and click generate. That should work too but its a pain.

When you click the generate button, it should tell you weather it was successful or not. If it fails, chances are you have to set the library path in your adminstrator settings for the project.
jayantthakore
Participant

Post by jayantthakore »

I have donr that too........
But it is of no use ...........
I msde a new wrapper but the same problem exist.........
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Wrapper problem

Post by gsherry1 »

I receive a very similar error when trying to edit a wrapped stage. Whenever I click on "generate" I never get any feedback. After making the edits and attempting to use, it complains that the operator is not found.