PX Clarification

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivasb
Participant

PX Clarification

Post by srinivasb »

Hi,

I have installed DataStage Ver 6.0 on Win 2000 professional PC with server on local machine.While am able to design, compile and run DS jobs. While on PX canvas, am able to design the job , compile it, BUT am not able to run the job as it gives an ERROR MESSAGE that this platform is not suitable to run ...
What other component do I need to have to run PX jobs?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Parallel Extender (PX) is not supported on Windows platforms at release 6.0. This information is in the readme file.
You can develop on the Windows platform, but can only deploy on a UNIX platform at this release.

PX has been ported for the Twister release (7.0) but may not be available immediately 7.0 hits the streets, since there's still a fair bit of QA that has to be done.
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Re: PX Clarification

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

Hi Srinivas,
Parallel jobs can only be run on unix environments as the job which you design converts into the osh code when it is being ran.Osh is a shell in unix named orchestrate which creates the job in a single statement.

Cheers,
Rajeev.

srinivasb wrote:Hi,

I have installed DataStage Ver 6.0 on Win 2000 professional PC with server on local machine.While am able to design, compile and run DS jobs. While on PX canvas, am able to design the job , compile it, BUT am not able to run the job as it gives an ERROR MESSAGE that this platform is not suitable to run ...
roy
Participant

Re: PX Clarification

Post by roy »

RAJEEV KATTA,since the last post was fresh I think there is a point in a comment: this is an old post!!!
there is a 7.5x2 parallel version for windows (NLS not supported)
this version was not out yet when the old posts you refered to were posted.

Recent thoughts:
Why would anyone answer a post from 2 years ago?
RAJEEV KATTA wrote:Hi Srinivas,
Parallel jobs can only be run on unix environments as the job which you design converts into the osh code when it is being ran.Osh is a shell in unix named orchestrate which creates the job in a single statement.

Cheers,
Rajeev.

srinivasb wrote:Hi,

Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org