Compilation error in Parallel Transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On system B is the C compiler identical to, or 100% compatible with, the C compiler on system A?

Are you totally confident that PX is correctly installed on system B?

Do parallel jobs that do not involve C++ (that is, that don't have Transformer stages or Custom stages) compile OK on system B? (These should just generate OSH.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

Hey,
I checked what you said without using transformer. but it is compiling with no errors. i am just wondered why it is like that.

thanks ray
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You leave out any piece that needs the C compiler and it's OK. That's because none of the other pieces needs a C compiler; they generate only OSH. Clearly, then, there's a compatibility problem between the C compilers on the two systems. You do have a C compiler on system B?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.