About wrapper

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jack_dcy
Participant

About wrapper

Post by jack_dcy »

Hi all,

we defined a wrapper stage, not any message when generated it. but when we used it in a job, when we compiled it , an error: No Operator defined for Stage Type 'test_wrapper'. However, we find a test_wrapper.op in the server's 'wrapped' directory.

Pls tell me, why. thanks
jack_dcy
Participant

Post by jack_dcy »

nobody now this? :(
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Some of us sleep occasionally. If you want a response within four hours, as the timings of your posts suggest, sign up with a premium support provider. Your second post is timed at 01:37 Saturday where I am.

Further, you haven't really supplied enough information to aid accurate diagnosis. What (exactly) are you doing in the wrapper stage? Are you totally certain that the metadata precisely match what's required on stdin and stdout of the wrapped command? are there any other error or warning messages? And so on.

That is, we want you to do some of the detective work yourself.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jack_dcy
Participant

Post by jack_dcy »

Hi ray

we only defined a very simple example of the wrapper, we did the function of unix command 'ls' in this stage, so it has no input link, and the output link is only a varchar type with 1024 legth.
when we generated it ,it didn't display any message to us, either success or not.

thanks for your help.