Curious Date Behavior in Transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lshort
Premium Member
Premium Member

Curious Date Behavior in Transformer

Post by lshort »

My job imports data from Seq file. Date format in file is "yyyymmdd". Datatype = Date. I changed the default date format for the job to 'yyyymmdd' as well. I also set the column Date format as 'yyyymmdd'. My target is a Dataset with Datatype = Date.

Despite all the above mentioned settings if passed straight through a Transformer the date comes out as 'yyyy-mm-dd'. If I remove the Transfomer stage the date is exported as 'yyyymmdd'.

Anyone know what's going on here?
Does a Transformer stage have some implicit transformation stuff?
Lance Short
"infinite diversity in infinite combinations"
"The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may need to fiddle with your date picture. The default is %yyyy-%mm-%dd (with the delimiters). Try explicitly specifying %yyyy%mm%dd (without delimiters).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lshort
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lshort »

I have done just that. In each of the places mentioned. Still the data converts itself to %yyyy-%mm-%dd. Its bizare. :? The reason I believe there is a problem is that any stage other than the transformer yields the correct result...and the transformer does not have a place to change the date format aside from a derivation expression.
Lance Short
"infinite diversity in infinite combinations"
"The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
ukyrvd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ukyrvd »

I am just curious to know ..what is happening after transformer stage .. i.e, if you pass output of XFM (yyyy-mm-dd) to any other stage .. what you are seeing at the output end ?? is it automatically converting to yyyymmdd or yyyy-mm-dd?

thanks
thank you
- prasad