Jobmoninit - JAVA COMPILER

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lali_swam
Participant

Jobmoninit - JAVA COMPILER

Post by Lali_swam »

My Job does not show the performance stats, whenever I run the JobMonApp I get the error" Failed to connect to JobMonApp on port 13400"
But I dont see any other application running on these ports as we have none other than DS.
So, I took a look into the jobmoninit file and found that there was a no Java Compiler
ie in the jobmoninit file

JAVA_COMPILER=NONE
export JAVA_COMPILER

I think this is the cause of my problem.Can anybody look into their jobmoninit files and confirm that there is a need for JAVA COMPILER or not.
I appreciate all your help. Thanks
Lalitha
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

hI,

You got this msg because the job monitoring service failed.
you cn start it by executing:

Code: Select all

$APT_ORCHHOME/java/jobmoninit start  
There are many posts on this issue.

I had the same problem running on Sun OS but it was solved after receiving a patch from ascential support.
No need for java compiler.

HTH,
Amos
Lali_swam
Participant

Re: Jobmoninit - JAVA COMPILER

Post by Lali_swam »

Thanks for your reply Amigo,
Yes!! I have scanned the forum beore posting this yday.
But I have started many a times this JobMonApp manually. When I do ps -ef|grep Job* I get this result

root 1752 1 0 Jul28 ? 00:01:00 /home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/
PXEngine/java/jre/bin/java -classpath /home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/j
ava/JobMonApp.jar:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/java/xerces/xercesImp
l.jar:APT_ORCHHOME/java/xerces/xmlParserAPIs.jar JobMonApp 13400 13401

When I look into the log, sometimes its empty, sometimes it has a message" could not listen on port 13400" and other times it has the message "ResponseParseHandler created".

But irrespetcive of these messages in the log, I get the warning "Failed to connect to JobMonApp".

I guess I have to contact Ascential Support to request a patch.
Any Other ideas???

Thanks,
Lalitha
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Sorry pal, PX monitor is not reliable, even if the monitoer is up there are times that you will not see the monitor data (at least from my expiriance with solaris).
you can play with the monitor env variables (apt_mon_size/time)
of you the report_row_count variable.

If you want to check the monitor is up just start it ,if it's up you'll get an 'already running' msg.

Amos