Error while importing the jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error while importing the jobs

Post by koojo »

I got the following error during importing the jobs for a project after instaltion of DS on a different server.

The version od DS installed is the PX. However all the jobs are server jobs.

Error calling DSR.RECORD (Action =2) Check Datastage is setup correctly in your project "Projectname" (subroutine failed to complete sucessfully (30107)).

However I continued the imports and on compilation have not come across any major isues. Do let me know if any of you have come across this error. Is it a serios issue? There was no job name assosiated with the error message and this kind of bugs me .... This message poped up when the DS jobs were being imported in on clicking ok the imports continued?

Any feedback on this would be great.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Unless you can reproduce it reliably it will be a very hard one to track down. DSR.RECORD is a "helper subroutine" that moves a record between the client and the server. So one record (it could be one stage or even one end of a link, one routine, one table definition) may not be successfully imported, and you won't find it until you try to use that specific component. Alas, the error message itself is not particularly informative as to which record was being transferred.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by koojo »

Thank you I was waorried it might cause problems in the entire project.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any reason you didn't install server as well as Enterprise Edition? It's no greater cost. The "server" engine has to be present anyway, since that's how job sequences are implemented.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by koojo »

We have installed the Enterprise Edition. The PX jobs just dont work good for extracts from SAP. Intial Ascential consultants were working with us and we decided for some reason not to go with px jobs. There are just a few test px jobs lying arround. Most of the datastage jobs are mainly used for extraction from SAP.

Also our server set up then was different we had one of the SAP systems and Datastage on the same server. Now we got a new server for datawarehousing. Makes me wonder now if we can use px. I am not all that familiar with the PX. But would sure like to see if the SAP ABAP Extract stage works with the PX. If it does not I think some of the transformation jobs and load to oracle jobs should work fine with the px.

However most of the time we drag in a lot of columns for processing. The number of records pulled in are not very large. Right now things seem to be pretty good with server jobs.