overwriting the DSParam file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

overwriting the DSParam file

Post by koojo »

I created a new project on a different server (dev to dev). copied the DSParam file from the old server into the new folder. Then went into the administrator and changed the setting and a couple of values. This reduced a lot of typing.

I did the imports after this. Is it a common practise to do this?

Is it ok to make a change of this sort. :?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's probably not common practice, but it's certainly legal. DSParams is a text file that, among other things, validates functions and system variables for the expression editor, and stores project-wide defaults (for example for log purge) and user-defined environment variables.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

A safer bet may be to copy and paste just the user defined section of the DSParams rather then the full set of values. Developers can change other settings at will such as turning on debug variables such as APT_DUMP_SCORE. There are also file location settings such as APT_ORCHHOME and APT_CONFIG_FILE that may differ between environments and shouldn't be overwritten.
koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by koojo »

Thank you Guy' s for the feedback :D