Sparce Look Up issues

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

als110
Participant

Sparce Look Up issues

Post by als110 »

Hello,

I currently have a job that does a normal lookup and in the look up a have sql that joins a few tables, groups by a key and returns a count (*) for the given key. when I do the normal look up the job returns the correct results, however the input for this job is very small and the look up data will be very large so I want to swich it to a sparce look up. When I run the job with a spacre look up the job behaves in the same manner as the normal look up except for 1 thing. Any record that looks up and its count (*) > 9 it says that the look up was successful but puts null in the field instead of the count (*). if the value is < = 9 the look up works fine. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Aaron
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's weird! Have you provided a reproducible case to support? What's the data type of the return value?

SELECT COUNT(*)... should always return a row, so the lookup "succeeds"; how does it come to be null?!!

Are there any errors or warnings logged?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.