Converting date formats

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vmcburney
Participant

Converting date formats

Post by vmcburney »

I have a date field coming in from DB2 in the format DD-MM-YYYY. I want to use it in a date function that needs it in the format YYYY-MM-DD. What's the easiest way to do the switch? Can do it in a modify stage or a transformer. Needs to handle one or two digit days and months.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Force the leading zeroes (Derivation) when extracting. Then you should be able to nest string_from_date in date_from_string in a Modify stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Guys,

Can't we break the input date DD-MM-YYYY into three subparts i.e DD,MM,YYYY and then combine them together in the required order YYYY-MM-DD?

Thanks,
Naveen
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only if its data type is string. If its data type is date, you must first convert to string (string_from_date in Modify stage would do). Only string data types (including ustring) support substring operations.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the usefull information. Like always "Ray is the Best". :D

Thanks,
Naveen