Imported Job Aborts on new server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AlanP
Premium Member
Premium Member

Imported Job Aborts on new server

Post by AlanP »

Hi

I have exported a whole project to a new server. All the jobs were working fine on the original server. Server jobs are working fine on the new server, but the first Parallel job I have tried to run has aborted with the following message:-

main_program: Parameter not resolvable: DSProjectMapName

I tried another Parallel job and it gives the same error. I have searched this forum and the manuals including the Orchestrate manuals, but I can't find any info on DSProjectMapName and don't know where to start looking at this issue.

Any help much appreciated.....

Alan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

My guess is that, on the original server, the parameter mentioned in the error message was passed from a controller (job sequence?) or environment variable but this is not occurring in the new server.

Another possibility is an incomplete export/import, in which that parameter did not accompany the job. This would be extremely unusual (and a bug) but it's worth checking the job properties on both servers to determine whether that job parameter exists in neither, only one, or both environments and, in any of these cases, how it is defined (for example from parent or from environment variable). Of course, if it were an environment variable one would expect its name to begin with "$".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ukyrvd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ukyrvd »

We have recently shifted to EE from server edition. We havent encountered any such problem, so far.

I am interested in knowing what caused this error for you .. could you please share with us .. once you got it resolved..

thanks
AlanP
Premium Member
Premium Member

Solution found

Post by AlanP »

Ray

You got me thinking about compiled code etc. I thought that maybe the way things are compiled may be different on this server (e.g. libs etc.). Although I had exported and imported the whole project, I had not recompiled my jobs. So, after a recompile of the affected jobs, the problem went away.

I tried another import then ran Multiple Job Compile. All the jobs were listed as 'Not compiled'. Which is interesting because I thought a full export/import included the compiled code. I then ran my sequence and it worked first time.

Anyway thanks for the help.

I just wanted to say I think this forum is great, I have found so many answers by searching .... as with all forums, most stuff has been covered before :roll:

Keep up the good work :D
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

AlanP - Out of interest - Is the new DataStage Sever
1) the same version?
2) the same OS?
3) the same NLS settings? (i.e DataStage NLS enabled)
AlanP
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by AlanP »

Eric wrote:AlanP - Out of interest - Is the new DataStage Sever
1) the same version?
2) the same OS?
3) the same NLS settings? (i.e DataStage NLS enabled)
Yes it is. Even same compiler. One we are using as dev and the other as system integration test server. But I think that each time I transfer the jobs across, I will do a full export and then import and compile all the jobs again. That seems to sort it

Alan