Sequential Stage in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srikanthd1978
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sequential Stage in PX

Post by srikanthd1978 »

hi all,

may seem like a Duh! Question..but i was wondering..

How we can specify in a Sequential file Stage that the First Line in the input file is Column Names...i know in Server Job....How about in PX?

thanks,
srikanth.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi srikanth,

Even in PX jobs, the sequential file stage has an item under options ( First Line is Column Names ). It can be either set to TRUE or FALSE. In your case, you would set it to TRUE.
srikanthd1978
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by srikanthd1978 »

pnchowdary wrote:Hi srikanth,

Even in PX jobs, the sequential file stage has an item under options ( First Line is Column Names ). It can be either set to TRUE or FALSE. In your case, you would set it to TRUE.

I do not see any such option in PX Sequential stage...
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

What version of datastage are you using?. I am using version 7.5 and I see that option in the sequential file stage on the ouput -> properties tab. Maybe the DS gurus can tell us more.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That property does not appear to be visible in 7.1, but you can specify "first line is column names" in the format when importing the Sequential File table definition. Loading it from the Repository into the job design should preserve this property.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.